* Please do not use any images (artworks and photos on this site) on your site without permission. At least, I hope you contact us before you post it.
- The Deciduous Broad-leaved Forest Zone
- The Evergreen Coniferous Forest Zone
- The Alpine Zone
Typical flora and fauna inhabiting the Nikko region, raging from Shinkyo (600m above sea level) to the top of Mt.Shirane (2,578m above sea level) are displayed according to the elevation the inhabit on the 72m spiral exhibit.
- Tochigi in the Geological Age
- Life in the Prehistoric Ages
- Kofun Culture and "Shimotsuke-no-kuni"
- Shimotsuke in the Middle Ages
- Shimotsuke in the Edo Period
- Modern Japan and Tochigi Prefecture
The earliest geological ages to the present are displayed in Exhibit Room 1 so that visitors can get a comprehensive overview of Tochigi's history over a long period of time.
- Natural Exhibits
- Wildlife in "Zouki-bayashi", a Forest near Human Dwellings
- Wildlife by the Waterside near Human Dwellings
- Rocks, Minerals, and Fossils
- Fungi and Plants
- Special Exhibits
- Cultural Exhibits
Permanent exhibits of geology, flora and fauna , and special thematic exhibits are displayed in this room.